Boost theme is built with accessibility in mind.
- Non-interactive elements, such as decorative icons, have an aria-hidden attribute.
- Interactive controls have appropriate ARIA roles.
- ARIA IDs are unique.
- Color contrast: contrast ratio between text and background is within the AA level (4.5:1).
- Links: links are underlined by default, except when they’re part of specific components.
- Headings structure
- All sections have a heading element (sometimes visually hidden).
- Headings do not skip levels when descending.
- Images: all images have
- Forms: Forms have field labels associated with the form controls.
- Keyboard navigation
- Pages include a 'Skip to main content' link at the beginning.
- Interactive controls are keyboard focusable.
- Pages have a logical tab order.
- Landmarks: HTML5 landmark elements are used to improve navigation (
<html>element has a
- Valid W3C code: The code is fully compliant with the standards set by the World Wide Web Consortium.